Sunday, April 25, 2010

[Mentally] skipping ahead to the new master bathroom

I happily skipped ahead to what I think will be one of the most fun parts of our renovation and visited a local kitchen and bath showroom this past week. I cannot wait to pick out all the tile, fixtures, etc. for the new master bathroom. There is an endless array of rain head showers, water tiles, colorful sinks, and faucet styles/finishes.

Sometime between admiring the rain head shower that was the size of a small tabletop and realizing that there are about a million different choices for a glass shower doors, I remembered that there is a downside to this process. I will need to make decisions and hopefully strike a nice balance between quality, functionality, and aesthetics. And let's not forget about practicality (since I haven't won or inherited an obscene sum of money and it doesn't look like I will anytime soon).

So I'll probably be forgoing the lovely Carrera marble tiles that require a lot of resealing in favor of a more practical porcelain (maybe with some glass accent tiles). I'll be sucking it up and buying the epoxy grout because despite that fact that it's expensive and much less forgiving to put in, it is impervious to mildew. I'll be shamelessly frequenting the expensive and lovely showrooms, and then hunting for bargains on the items I loved (how did we manage before the internet?).

No comments:

Post a Comment